Bulbasaur is a quartoped, walking on 4 legs. It has 3 white toes from 4 legs and bright red eyes. The bulb on Bulbasaur's back is planted at birth by the mother. The bulb is essestial for life, as it gets energy from the sun. Bulbasaur can also stand up and the bulb turns into a flower.
Because of the bulb, Bulbasaur has a lot of moves. Powders, seeds, petals and scents can work to make these moves such as Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, Petal Dance, Power Whip, Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Sweet Scent, PoisonPowder, and SleepPowder. With the bulb absorbing sunlight, the sunlight can heal a Bulbasaur.
- For some time after its birth, it grows by gaining nourishment from the seed on its back. (Black, White, Black 2, White 2, Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond)
- It carries a seed on its back right from its birth. As it grows older, the seed also grows larger. (Soul Silver)
- The seed on its back is filled with nutrients. The seed grows steadily larger as its body grows. (Heart Gold)
- A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon. (Leaf Green)
- There is a plant seed on its back right from the day this Pokémon was born. The seed slowly grows larger. (Fire Red)
Type- Grass, Poison
Abilities- Overgrow or Chlorophyll (Hidden Ability)
Gender- Male (87.5) or Female (12.5)
Weaknesses- Fire, Flying, Ice, or Psychic
Bulbasaur is the only starter that has two types instead of one.
Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur are the only starter Pokemon to be in more than one Pokedex. (Kanto and Johto)